PAQA-South exists as a means for art quilters to network with fellow fiber and textile artists, sharing similar interests and goals while pursuing professional development. Specific aims are:
- Share wisdom, experience and knowledge with our members in their artistic and professional development
- Exhibit the work of fiber artists
- Provide educational and networking opportunities for our members
- Encourage emerging artists in the field
- Educate the public about art quilting through exhibits and public programs
To achieve these aims, PAQA-South holds regular meetings, conferences, workshops and art quilt exhibits.